Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Whoa Baby!

Well, I am teaching my first full length class tomorrow and I have to say, I'm a little nervous! I am teaching a lesson to my freshmen classes about poetry and using Robert Frost's "The Road Not Taken" to teach them how to interpret poetry. To me, this is an awesome lesson because I love dissecting texts to find hidden/deeper meanings (unless it's Shakespeare...) but I'm afraid the freshman may not share my enthusiasm. This just means I will have to be extra enthusiastic with them to show them how cool this stuff is!

On Friday I am teaching them "The Scarlet Ibis" which is a short story that deals with the theme of pride and should be a good story to discuss symbolism as well. So, that's what's on deck for the next few days! I am still loving student teaching, even though it's a lot more work than I anticipated!

Well, I know this was a short one but I've got to get some sleep! Thanks for tuning in!

1 comment:

  1. I'm also teaching my first lesson today. Good luck to you! I know you'll do great. And sorry I missed your call last night. I was sleeping. I will call you tonight.

    ReplyDelete